This happens when your works are conducted without planning approval, including:
- the removal/lopping of a protected tree
- illegal use/occupation of a site.
This happens with a breach of any permit condition, including:
- operation outside of approved hours
- noise, light and sound impacts on the community
- use of the land not approved in a permit or endorsed plan.
This happens when:
- plantings are not completed/removed
- window screenings are not installed as required
- building and works are inconsistent with or not shown on endorsed plans.
Section 173 agreement
This type of agreement restricts building exteriors, use of the site or any development to be completed as set out in endorsed plans or permits.
Local laws require that noise from building works and landscaping in residential areas must not be able to be heard from within a dwelling:
- Monday to Friday before 7am and after 6pm
- Saturday before 9am and after 3pm.
We occasionally receive reports of alleged illegal brothels. We do not deal with illegal brothels as they are the responsibility of Victoria Police.
For concerns about an illegal brothel:
Remember: it is your responsibility to comply with the Banyule Planning Scheme, all conditions set out in planning permits and any endorsed plans and documents. This will avoid any reported breaches on your project.