Rates concessions for pensioners

If you are a pensioner, you may be eligible for a municipal concession (or rates rebate) up to $247, and a $50 rebate for the Fire Services property Levy. This applies to the home in which you live in only.

You are eligible if you have a:

  • pensioner concession card from Centrelink or Veterans' Affairs
  • Gold Card from Department of Veterans’ Affairs specifying War Widow (WW) or Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).

Apply for a rates concession

To apply, fill out the Department of Human Services: Municipal Rates Concession application form. Send the form to us with a photocopy of both sides of your pension card.

If you hold an EDA or POW Gold Card, you will need to claim your concession from the Department of Human Services. Contact them on 1800 658 521 for help and information.

Contact us

For more information about concessions, please contact the Rates team on 9490 4280 or 9490 4222.