Banyule facts and statistics
To design and deliver services that meet the changing needs of our community, we use local information and data as well as Census data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Local statistical information
You can find out more about who we are, where we live, our industries, employment rates and local business from reports available on the interactive ID Profile website:
- Community Profile: a comprehensive socio-demographic profile of Banyule.
- Economic Profile: a detailed economic profile of Banyule.
- Atlas: a picture speaks more than 1000 words, and maps are the most compelling way of presenting Census data. This provides a powerful suite of thematic maps, showing the distribution of target populations.
- Forecasting: council uses this data to understand when and where to allocate resources and invest in infrastructure as the population changes.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics: the latest census data.
Map of Banyule suburbs and precincts
Demographics: area profiles and other resources
We also prepare a range of area profiles using Census and other data sources that provide a snapshot of Banyule’s demographic characteristics. They are produced to:
- help understand the communities within the municipality
- assist in planning services and facilities to better meet needs
- provide consistent evidence-based data
- anticipate future population changes.
Demographic Profile of Banyule
Precinct Profiles of Banyule
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Older Adults Profile (50+ years)
Banyule and Neighbouring Local Government Areas
If you have any comments or suggestions about the profiles or if you would like further information, please contact Community and Social Planning on 9490 4222.