Food businesses

If your business prepares, stores or sells food, it must be registered with Council. This includes home-based food businesses.

We classify your food business, explain food safety and handling requirements, and inspect your premises to ensure they are met. We can also give you advice on setting up or buying your new food premises

We classify all businesses according to the food safety risk they present. There are 4 classes of food premises. Find out more about food business classifications from health.vic.