General Local Law No. 1 (2015)
General Law No. 1 (2015) is designed to protect public health, safety, or amenity in our municipality.
It achieves this by :
- protecting public assets;
- controlling activities associated with building and construction work;
- providing for the safety of road users;
- providing for the fair and equitable use of Council land;
- prohibiting persons from damaging a municipal place;
- providing for parking permits;
- prohibiting the consumption of alcohol in a public place;
- preserving and enhance the amenity, neighbourhood character, public health and public safety;
- minimising the impact of animals on the community;
- protecting the health and wellbeing of the community by regulating certain activities;
- regulating the impact of business activity on the environment, public health and amenity;
- providing for the safe and efficient collection of waste and hard waste;
- designating alcohol free zones throughout Banyule.
Under General Local Law No. 1 (2015), permits are required for all of the following activities:
Read the full General Local Law No. 1 (2015)(PDF, 802KB)
Read the the Footpath Trading Policy(PDF, 469KB)
Council is authorised to issue infringement notices in accordance with General Local Law No. 1 (2015) and a number of State Acts and Regulations.
How to pay an infringement notice
How to contest an infringement notice
How to nominate a driver(PDF, 390KB)
Banyule Council has another Local Law: Governance Local Law No.2 (2015) that relates to the conduct of Council Meetings.