Sporting club education grants
This program aims to assist Banyule sporting clubs with the education and development of its members. It may include assistance with providing education sessions associated with drugs or alcohol, health and well-being, fundraising, strategic planning, volunteers and more.
The total grant pool is $10,000.
The program commences 1 July and is ongoing until the grant pool is exhausted or on 30 June.
Grant applications will be assessed as applications are received and applicants will be advised if they have been successful or not within 3 weeks of the grant application being received.
The club must reside in Banyule.
Education must be provided by a registered training provider. Proof of education costs must be provided.
Clubs may only apply once per financial year.
What the grant will not fund
We will not fund:
- applicants who have received funding from any Council grants program within the previous 12 months;
- clubs with overdue seasonal fees; or
- costs that have already been incurred (no retrospective funding).
Clubs must provide detail that demonstrates how the sporting club education grant will assist the club and its members.
All applications must include a letter from a formal training provider including details of training/education and cost to club.
If current financial year monies are exhausted club will need to re-apply the following year.
- read these guidelines and apply only if eligible
- complete an application form online and provide all supporting documentation.
Need help? Contact the SmartyGrants help desk directly on 9320 6888.
Applications will be assessed in the first week after the grant round closes.
Applications will be assessed by the Sport and Leisure Officer, Team Leader Sport and Leisure then approved by Co-ordinator Leisure and Culture.
All applicants will receive notification of the outcome in writing within 3 weeks of the respective application closing date.
Amounts will be decided on a case-by-case basis up to the amount of $1,000.
By accepting the grant you are agreeing to use the funds as specified in your application.
Within 6 months of the event/activity you must provide Council with:
- evidence of your club development or training in a short statement (no more than 250 words); and
- 1 image of the activity/event (Council reserves the right to use this image for promotional purposes).
The acquittal needs to be submitted online.
If you fail to acquit your grant appropriately may result in you being asked to repay Council in full for your grant money and exclusion of the group from future grant rounds.
For more information contact us on phone 9490 4222.