Breach of the planning scheme
This happens when your works are conducted without planning approval, including:
- the removal/lopping of a protected tree
- illegal use/occupation of a site.
Breach of a planning permit
This happens with a breach of any permit condition, including:
- operation outside of approved hours
- noise, light and sound impacts on the community
- use of the land not approved in a permit or endorsed plan.
Breach of endorsed plans
This happens when:
- plantings are not completed/removed
- window screenings are not installed as required
- building and works are inconsistent with or not shown on endorsed plans.
Breach of a section 173 agreement
This type of agreement restricts building exteriors, use of the site or any development to be completed as set out in endorsed plans or permits.
Breaches relating to illegal brothels
We occasionally receive reports of alleged illegal brothels. We do not deal with illegal brothels as they are the responsibility of Victoria Police.
For concerns about an illegal brothel:
Remember: it is your responsibility to comply with the Banyule Planning Scheme, all conditions set out in planning permits and any endorsed plans and documents. This will avoid any reported breaches on your project.