Apply for an S29 demolition consent

If a project involves demolishing all or part of a building, or changes to the street frontage of a building, you must apply for ‘a Section 29A’ or report and consent (demolition).

With a (demolition) s29A application form, submit:

  • a complete our online form
  • submit electronic plans and documentation
  • pay the application fee using a credit card.

It is important to note that this work will also require an asset protection permit and you will need to organise an inspection by Council.

Asset Protection Inspection(PDF, 44KB)

If consent is granted, your next step will be to apply for a building permit.

The form is made available to assist you in requesting consent required by section 29a of the Building Act 1993.

For help with your application please visit our Greensborough Service Centre between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Apply for an S29 demolition consent