Vaccines for school students
Primary school entry and vaccinations
Your child must have an immunisation history statement to enrol in a Victorian primary school.
An immunisation status certificate lists the vaccinations your child has received, and is used to identify and protect children who cannot be vaccinated if there is a disease outbreak at school.
You are sent this statement when your child turns 5, but you can request one at any time.
To access your Immunisation History Statement:
- go to my.gov.au and sign in to your Medicare online account
- use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- call the Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809.
Vaccinations for secondary school students
We visit all secondary schools in Banyule to provide free vaccines to all eligible students. Talk to your school about when to expect our visit. We give all secondary schools consent cards for parents to complete and return to the school.
- Year 7 students: HPV (Human Papillomavirus) and Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis/Whooping Cough.
- Year 10 students: Meningococcal ACWY
For more information go to Department of Health and Human Services: Immune hero.
For more information please contact the Banyule Council Health Department on 9457 9964 or email@example.com