What to put in your bins
Do you understand how to dispose of your waste the right way?
Put it in your recycle bin (yellow lid)
Your recycling is collected fortnightly and can include:
- glass bottles and jars (leave metal caps on)
- plastic bottles and containers with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- aluminium and steel cans, including aerosol cans and clean foil
- newspaper, magazines and cardboard
- milk and juice cartons.
Containers do not need to be rinsed but must be empty. Do not put recyclables in plastic bags.
Plastic bottles are to have their lids on.
Household waste (all-green bin)
Your waste is collected weekly and can include:
- expanded Polystyrene packing, trays, cups and containers
- plastic wrap
- food waste*
- broken glass, ceramics, Pyrex, globes
- soft plastics: supermarket and frozen food bags*
- worn out clothing and shoes.*
Please wrap or bag your garbage.
Soft plastics can be returned to major supermarkets for recycling, including supermarket bags, wraps and frozen food packaging.
Food scraps *
Don’t put food scraps in your bin. Compost them and use them as fertiliser for your garden.
Clothing and shoes *
Donate your old clothes and shoes to your local op shop. If items are too worn and can’t be donated they can be used as cleaning rags or placed in your garbage bin.
Green waste bin (lime green lid)
Your green waste is collected fortnightly. Place these items in your green waste bin:
- leaves and flowers
- branches to 50cm
- grass and weeds.
To find out about collection days, bin replacements and more go to bin collection services.
Do you have other waste to get rid of?
Dispose of your waste the right way
If you need more information about our waste services, please contact Customer Service on 9490 4222 or email@example.com