Ivanhoe seniors exercise park
Published on 03 May 2021
Being active is important for your health at any age. So to cater for older adults, we've added another dimension to Ivanhoe Park (corner Wamba Road and Lower Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe East) by installing a new Seniors Exercise Park.
Adjacent to the new playground, the park offers a range of equipment specifically designed to improve the strength, balance, flexibility and mobility of older adults.
To show you the ropes, there are instructional signs at the park, plus you can also use your mobile phone to scan a QR code that will direct you to a website with instructions and videos.
We’re also conducting two 'Come and Try' sessions:
- Thursday 27 May 9am -11am
- Saturday 29 May 9am - 12pm
Meet trained staff on site who will assist with the correct use of the equipment.
Why use the Seniors Exercise Park?
- Helps improve your balance, strength, functional movement, range of motion and mobility.
- It has some unstable surfaces that challenge balance, and promote core strength.
- It's a great way to socialise and have some fun in the outdoors.
- And it's easy and free to use!
This project is in partnership with the National Ageing Research Institute and the State Trustees Foundation of Australia.
(Pictured above): Val and Vladimir from Viewbank giving the new equipment a try.