Welcome to Premier’s Active April 2018
This April, step up the amount of physical activity in your life and get more active, more often. All it takes is 30 minutes of physical activity a day during April.
Get started by Registering on the Active April website and then logging in to the Active April Activity Tracker to track your progress throughout the month. You can also create and join teams to get others involved and enjoy fun and fitness together.
Just by registering to take part in Premier’s Active April 2018 you get*:
- 10 free passes to a participating YMCA or local government leisure facilities
- 15% off at Sportsmart in store and online
- free one hour tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
- a 2 for 1 ticket offer to SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- a 2 for 1 ticket offer to Otway Fly Treetop Adventures
- 1 2 for 1 ticket offer to Legoland Discovery Centre Melbourne
- 15% discount for Rock Up Netball programs
- 20% discount for Netball Victoria school holiday clinics
- 5 free group dance lessons at Dancespot Victoria centre
- 10% off Term 2 MyGolf Junior program
- a 2 for 1 green fee offer at Golf Victoria courses
- 20% off any annual membership with Cycling Victoria
- chance to win some great prizes, including entry in a draw to win tickets to the 2018 Australian Tennis Open Finals
- weekly email tips on healthy eating and being active
- Please read before using your Active April card.
* Terms & conditions apply to all offers and prizes - please read terms & conditions before using your Active April Card. Find out more here.
Events throughout Banyule
As part of Premier's Active April, Banyule leisure centres have organised a range of events throughout April, a month when all Victorians are encouraged to do 30 minutes of physical activity each day. All events are free, bookings required.
All activities are listed below:
Olympic Leisure Centre
Olympic Leisure has something for everyone, during April, register here and join us at Olympic for complimentary access to:
Free yoga and aqua classes
Yoga: Enjoy a chance to unwind and stretch out at our wonderful restorative Hatha classes.
Focus on breathing, postures, relaxation and meditation. Hatha classes are designed to align and calm your body, mind, and spirit
Suitable for beginners and for ages 16+, wear comfortable clothing and ensure you are there at least 15 minutes before your first class to sign in and register.
Times: 10am Monday, 5.15pm Tuesday, 6pm Thursday
Aqua: A fun, energetic class involving exercises in water to music. Zero impact and easy on joints, it’s great for all levels of fitness and provides general body conditioning.
Suitable for beginners and for ages 16+, wear swimwear and ensure you are there at least 15 minutes before your first class to sign in and register.
Times: 11.30am Monday, 9.30am Wednesday, 10.30am Friday
Free Living Longer, Living Stronger program
Council of the Ageing (COTA) program designed to provide strength training programs specifically designed to meet the needs of older members of the community. Join us for an introductory session! 50 years plus, must wear suitable exercise shoes (eg: runners) and comfortable clothing. Please note, medical clearance may be required prior to starting.
Times: 10am-11am Tuesdays and Thursdays
Free family swim
Register for Premiers Active April and receive on free family swim on us! Admittance of 2 adults and 2 children (note under 5 years old is free with paying adult) Strictly one pass per family.
Ivanhoe Aquatic Centre
Ivanhoe Aquatic has something for everyone, during April. during April, register here and join us at Ivanhoe Aquatic for complimentary access to:
Free Living Longer, Living Stronger program
Council of the Ageing (COTA) program is designed to provide strength training programs specifically designed to meet the needs of older members of the community. Join us for an introductory session! 50 years plus, must wear suitable exercise shoes (eg: runners) and comfortable clothing. Please note, medical clearance may be required prior to starting.
Times: 11am-12pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Members bring a friend pass for LesMills classes
Current members will have access to bring a friend passes for LesMills classes! Exercising with friends is always more fun! Friends must be 16+ and register with the front counter prior to class. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a drink bottle.
Check out our timetable for an extensive weekly group fitness timetable.
Macleod Recreation and Fitness Centre
A range of free family friendly class are on offer as part of the Premier's Active April month.
Family Special Forces
Friday 7pm and once only on 13 April
Visit the Macleod Recreation and Fitness Centre website or call 9459 9022 for more information.