We offer the following classes at Olympic Leisure Centre. Looking for more? Check out our more extensive range at Ivanhoe Aquatic & Fitness Centre.
- Aqua – a fun, energetic class involving exercise in water to music, which is great for all levels and provides general body conditioning.
- Pilates – a contemporary approach to the mind and body experience, focusing on stabilising the torso to promote correct posture and spinal alignment. Pilates is for everyone, as well as all levels of fitness, and perfect for people who suffer from back pain. Advise the instructor if you are new to Pilates.
- Yoga – Hatha Yoga classes focus on breathing, postures, relaxation and meditation.
- Zumba – a high energy dancing approach to fitness. No experience is needed.
Important information about our group fitness classes
- Minimum age is 16 unless you are on a Promoting Health in Teenagers (PHIT) membership
- Class bookings open one hour before each class starts
- Class limits apply
- Please hold onto your class ticket until collected by your instructor
- No entry is permitted to any class after the scheduled start time
- For your safety, you should stay for the cool down phase of the class
- Bring a sweat towel and water bottle to your class and stay hydrated
- Personal Yoga mats are encouraged in some wellness classes – particularly Yoga and Pilates
- Always inform the instructor if you have an injury or medical condition as exercise modification may be recommended.
Are you looking for extra motivation and guidance to help achieve your fitness goals? Personal training can be a great way to get you over that hurdle that is holding you back. Banyule Leisure employed personal trainers run sessions across both Ivanhoe Aquatic and Olympic Leisure Centres and are fully qualified to help you get the results you want. Click the picture to view the biographies of our trainers and call us anytime to arrange a session. You don't have to be a member to enjoy the benefits of personal training.