Kin Shin Kai is a traditional Goju Ryu Karate-based martial art, with core training focused on self-defence and self-improvement. Classes for children and adults are provided by Excellence Karate Academy.
The syllabus focuses on self-defence and self-improvement including developing positive attitudes to personal safety, fitness and self-confidence. Classes are conducted in a disciplined but encouraging manner, and are also fun.
7th Dan Karate Black Belt Sensei or chief instructor, George Ciechanowicz, started martial arts training in 1972. Sensei George has been teaching martial arts at the Ivanhoe Aquatic Banyule since 1990.
Each Karate level is designed to cater for individual progression based on age and ability:
- Tiny Fists for 4-6 year - a gentle introduction to structure, discipline and learning in a self-defence context.
- Little Ninja for 7-10 year olds – focusing on fun, confidence, discipline and the fundamentals of Karate while learning simple, practical self-defence behaviours.
- Young Samurai for 11-15 year olds – focusing on confidence, discipline and practical self-defence behaviours while learning fundamentals as well as higher skills.
- Adult for 16 years and up - enabling participants to discover the ancient wisdom of ‘old school’ Karate for fitness, self-improvement and effective self-defence.
- Black Belt – for people with their Black Belt.
Tuition fees are payable on a semester (two term) fee basis with payments made at Reception.
Please note that other costs are payable directly to the instructor. These include student gradings and a once only joining fee of $70, which also covers a karate suit. For more information call the Excellence Karate Academy on 9852 1027 and ask for Sensei George or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call 9490 7111 to speak to the Aquatic Program Staff for available times