Your recycling bin (Yellow lid)
Your Recycling Bin is collected on the alternate week to your green waste bin.
Only these items, loose not in plastic bags, can be placed into your yellow lid Recycling Bin
- Glass bottles and jars
- Rigid plastic containers including plant pots, 1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7 except expanded polystyrene (EPS) such as pot noodle cups and meat trays.
- Liquid Paperboard milk and juice cartons
- Aluminum & Steel Cans, including aerosol cans, aluminum foil & pie trays.
- Paper and Cardboard
- Writing papers, advertising material, newspapers, magazines, paper packaging, flattened cardboard boxes, envelopes, egg cartons, telephone books, etc
Making the most of Recycling
- Leave caps and lids on plastic containers
- Remove corks for recycling at your nearest Waste Recovery Centre
- Rinse all containers to prevent odour. Use wash up water to rinse.
- Place glass bottles and jars carefully in the recycling bin to prevent breakages.
- Flatten or tear cardboard boxes to save space and prevent jamming.
- Roll aluminum sheet and trays into a ball
Do not place medical waste such as dialysis bags, syringes and other blood contaminated waste in recycle bins. The separation of recyclable material into material type involves some manual handling and staff can be exposed to potentially life threatening injury if medical waste is included. Syringes can be safely disposed of in a sharps container available from Council's Service Centres.