Council is committed to encouraging the Banyule community to be more active - to leave the car at home and walk and cycle more.
The Banyule Travel Smart map includes:
- Cycling tips for riding at night, road rules, at roundabouts and cycling in the rain
- Banyule Bus routes and interchange
- Walking information including community groups
- Travelling with limited mobility
- Melbourne train network and travel time matrix
- Taxi information
You can download the Travel Smart map below or collect it at Council’s Customer Service Centres.
Sustainable school transport
Council works with schools in Banyule to encourage active transport by supporting a number of sustainably-based education programs such as the:
- Walking school bus program
- Safe routes to school program
- Walk to school month
Contact Council to find out how we can help your school.
Walking and cycling in Banyule
Banyule Council encourages walking and cycling for transport, recreation and sport.
Visit the Cycling and the Walking pages for more details on walking and cycling in Banyule.
Walking in and around Banyule. Walking Groups. Walk to School. Tracks, information and links.
Cycling in and around Banyule. Tracks, information and links.
Hurstbridge train line upgrades/changes, Hurstbridge train line and station upgrades and Banyule route bus services.