Request planning, building and property information

You can request information and documentation to understand the zoning, overlays, planning and building history of a site, including:

  • building information about permits and certificates issued for the last 10 years
  • details of whether the building or land is in an area predisposed to flooding or other natural threats
  • planning advice on zoning and overlay triggers
  • copies of past planning permits.

There are fees for all requests.

Property information

Request Property Information (Regulation 51 Part 2)

You can request information about whether a property is subject to overland water flow, termites and bushfires.

This is a critical first step in the design process. If a property is prone to overland water flow, a flood level application should be made to set the correct height for proposed ground floor levels.

Requesting copies of past planning permits

You can request copies of permits and endorsed site plans to understand the planning history of a property.

You will need to supply details of the permits you require, including the property address and the permit reference number. If the permit(s) were issued before 2016, you will be charged a file retrieval fee. You may need to contact us to find out the permit reference number required.

If you request endorsed plans, you need to supply written consent from the architect or drafter who created them. We will provide you with their contact details in response to your application.

Property information request

Documentation copies

Note: processing times will be delayed due to files accessibility during COVID-19 lockdown periods.

Owners who want past building permits and plans can apply to receive copies of that documentation.

Request building permit documentation

There is a non-refundable search fee that applies, even in the case that no files can be located.

Selling or purchasing

Request building information (Regulation 51 part 1)

Anyone can request information about a property, including:

  • details of any building permits or certificates of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years; and
  • whether there are any current building notices or orders.

Request building information for works within last 10 years

Land information certificates

If you are selling a property, you will need a land information certificate. This provides the land value, rates, charges, any money owing and zoning information.

Request land information certificate(PDF, 33KB)

Fence issues with neighbours

If you need to find out the owner of a property in order to contact them to discuss a common fence, we may be able to provide assistance.

Request property ownership details(PDF, 432KB)