The Budget 2018/2019 was adopted at the Council Meeting on 25 June 2018 and supports the implementation, intent and direction of our Council Plan 2017-2021.
Banyule Mayor Cr Mark Di Pasquale said Council had worked hard to be in a sound financial position to deal with major challenges that were impacting public infrastructure and community services.
“The 2018/2019 Budget keeps Banyule on a steady course to continue to deliver necessary services, a program of maintenance and improvements to ageing infrastructure,” he said.
For the 2018/2019 financial year, $47.19 million will be invested in capital works projects, including:
- Stage one of Ivanhoe Library and Cultural Hub construction ($13.75m)
- Drainage and irrigation improvements ($1.09m)
- Improvements to footpaths, roads, carparks, bridges and other transport infrastructure ($7.16m)
- Parks and gardens maintenance including sports park lighting ($6.56m)
- Sports pavilion upgrade including construction of female friendly change rooms at several facilities ($1.56m)
- Increased advocacy on the North East Link and other transport projects and development of plans for youth spaces, public spaces, energy, car parking and parklands ($6.51m)
- Solar panels on community buildings to generate clean energy ($0.35m).
Budgets associated with the last 4 financial years: