During 2017 we asked you about your experience with public toilets in Banyule. We used what we heard to develop a Public Toilet Plan and a ten year action plan for improving our public toilets. We have now created a set of draft designs for future toilets that we build.
Three different designs have been created to suit different sites and locations in Banyule.
- BASIC - this design includes 1 accessible toilet and 1 ambulant toilet which is slightly larger than a regular toilet and also includes handrails on both sides.
- STANDARD - this design includes 1 accessible toilet, 1 ambulant toilet and 1 standard toilet.
- PREMIUM - this design includes 2 accessible toilets, 1 ambulant toilet and 1 standard toilet.
Our new toilet designs include a range of features that will make them more comfortable to use as well as providing a much improved level of accessibility. They will also feature:
- Tiled surfaces on the inside
- Electronic locking - which means we can change when the toilets are open and closed according to the season
- Opportunities for local community art to be added to the outside of the toilets
- Better lighting (including natural light) and ventilation
- Mirrors and hand dryers.
Learn more and view the designs on Shaping Banyule.