Creating a home emergency plan takes very little time and may help save your life, your family’s or your property during an emergency. Things to think about when creating your plan:
- Who should I include in my plan (e.g. family members, pets and livestock)?
- What emergencies could affect me?
- Where will I go and what will I take if I need to evacuate?
- Where will I find emergency information and warnings?
- Where will I meet my family if we are separated (e.g. kids are at school)?
- How can I prepare my property for emergencies?
- How can I prepare myself financially for emergencies?
- How will I plan and prepare for my pets and livestock safety?
- How often I will practise my plan?
Where can I get a template home emergency plan from?
The following emergency templates are available.
Got a question?
Give our Emergency Management Team a call on 9490 4222
Alternatively email our Emergency Management Team