Every household should have a home emergency kit that contains items you will need during and after most emergencies. Your kit should contain at least these basic items, but should be tailored to suit your needs:
- Portable battery operated radio or wind up radio.
- Battery operated torch or wind up torch.
- Mobile phone and charger.
- Spare batteries.
- Overnight bag with change of clothes.
- Protective items, e.g. strong boots, sun hat, sunscreen, rubber gloves, gardening gloves and insect repellent.
- Woollen blankets and sleeping bags (or have them handy).
- Enough non-perishable food and drinking water for each person (and pets) for three days.
- Special requirements for pets, babies and the disabled.
- Medications and prescriptions.
- First Aid kit.
- Valuable items, such as copies of photos on a CD or memory stick.
- Important documents, such as passports, birth and marriage certificates, wills, insurance papers and a copy of your home emergency plan.
Got a question?
Give our Emergency Management Team a call on 9490 4222
Alternatively email our Emergency Management Team