Annually Council appoints Councillor delegates to the Council Advisory Committees and Committees
Advisory Committees are made up of Councillors and community members. They have terms of reference and meet to discuss issues and advise Council.
In addition to Advisory committees, Council is often invited to participate on a range of external committees in partnership.
Both advisory and external committees provide important linkages between Council, Community and State agencies and interest groups.
Below is a list of all Committees. For further detail and to see the Councillor representatives appointed as at the Ordinary Meeting held 7 November 2016, please download the document in Related Information.
Council Committees & Representatives
Banyule Advisory Committees
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Committee
- Arts and Cultural Advisory Group
- Audit Advisory Committee
- Banyule Age-friendly City Advisory Committee (BAFCAC)
- Banyule Environment Advisory Committee (BEAC)
- Banyule Multicultural Advisory Committee (BMAC)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Employment Matters Committee
- Disability and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) Advisory Committee
- Child Youth & Family Committee
- Darebin Creek Management Committee
- Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF)
- Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group (MWRRG)
- Napier Waller Property Committee of Management
- Northern Alliance for Greenhouse Action (NAGA)
- Yarra Plenty Regional Library Board
- Yarra Plenty Regional Library Audit Committee
Municipal Association of Victoria – Committees, State Council (MAV)
- MAV State Council – Representatives