The Banyule Multicultural Advisory Committee (BMAC) provides advice on multicultural issues and concerns of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities and on developing and implementing Council’s Inclusion, Access and Equity Framework and Multicultural Plan. The committee was first established on 3 March 2014.
On 19 December 2016, committee members were appointed for the current term of the Banyule Multicultural Advisory Committee. The committee is appointed for a two year term and meets bimonthly.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact Multicultural communities
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews that impact on Multicultural communities
- Advocate on behalf of Multicultural communities
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity and enhance understanding about the barriers to equality facing Multicultural communities
- Provide advice to Council in relation to its communication, engagement and consultation with Multicultural communities
Follow the listed steps to be considered for the committee as we're looking to fill several vacancies.
- Read the full terms of reference; and
- Lodge your expressions of interest by 3 December 2018.
Representation and make up
The committee consists of up to 15 community members and a minimum of 2 councillors. Support and assistance will be provided to the committee by one of our officers.
Council will appoint one councillor as chairperson of the committee and at least one councillor as substitute chairperson.
Community members appointed to the committee will include representation from:
- Up to 10 residents from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Up to 5 representatives from community organisations, agencies and service providers who have a focus on provision of services to multicultural communities in Banyule
Get in touch with the committee contact Gemma Boucher, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9490 4377