The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) advisory committee provides advice and information on issues facing the LGBTI community and developing and implementing Council’s Inclusion, Access and Equity Framework and LGBTI Plan.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact LGBTI communities;
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews that impact on LGBTI communities;
- Advocate on behalf of LGBTI communities;
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise;
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity and enhance understanding about the barriers to equality facing LGBTI communities;
- Provide advice to Council in relation to its communication, engagement and consultation with LGBTI communities.
There are no openings at present on the committee. The current members were appointed on 19 December 2016.
All positions are voluntary positions.
All members are to be familiar with and adhere to the terms of reference.
Representation and make up
The committee consists of a mix of community members and representatives of community organisations, agencies and service providers who focus on supporting LGBTI communities.
Banyule LGBTI Advisory Committee for 2017-19:
- Cr Wayne Phillips
- Cr Tom Melican
- Dermot Ryan
- Ashleigh Keenan
- Devorah Wynn
- Sharelle Rowe
- Claire Flynn
- Karen-Joy McColl
- Lara Hunter
- Mishael McNamara
- Nicole Coad
- Karen Bain and Daniel Fitzgibbon (shared membership)
- Meaghan Holden
Committee meeting minutes
Send an email to India Mortlock or call 9490 4377.