The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) advisory committee provides advice and information on issues facing the LGBTI community and developing and implementing Council’s Inclusion, Access and Equity Framework and LGBTI Plan.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact LGBTI communities;
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews that impact on LGBTI communities;
- Advocate on behalf of LGBTI communities;
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise;
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity and enhance understanding about the barriers to equality facing LGBTI communities;
- Provide advice to Council in relation to its communication, engagement and consultation with LGBTI communities.
We're currently looking for committee members. Just follow the listed steps to be considered.
- Read the full terms of reference; and
- Lodge your expressions of interest by 30 November 2016.
Representation and make up
The committee will consist of up to 15 community members and a minimum of 2 councillors. Support and assistance will be provided to the committee by one of our officers.
Council will appoint one councillor as chairperson of the committee and at least one councillor as substitute chairperson.
Community members appointed to the committee will include representation from:
- the LGBTI community and Allies (up to 10 residents)
- community organisations, agencies and service providers who have a focus on provision of services to LGBTI communities in Banyule (up to 5 representatives)
All positions are voluntary positions.
Send an email to India Mortlock or call 9490 4377.