The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) advisory committee provides advice and information on issues facing the LGBTI community and developing and implementing Council’s Inclusion, Access and Equity Framework and LGBTI Plan.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact LGBTI communities;
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews that impact on LGBTI communities;
- Advocate on behalf of LGBTI communities;
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise;
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity and enhance understanding about the barriers to equality facing LGBTI communities;
- Provide advice to Council in relation to its communication, engagement and consultation with LGBTI communities.
The committee was appointed on 19 December 2016 and we're looking to fill 4 vacancies.
Follow the listed steps to be considered.
- Read the terms of reference; and
- Lodge your expressions of interest by 26 February 2018.
Representation and make up
The committee consists of a mix of community members and representatives of community organisations, agencies and service providers who focus on supporting LGBTI communities.
Banyule LGBTI Advisory Committee for 2017-19:
- Dermot Ryan
- Ashleigh Keenan
- Devorah Wynn
- Sharelle Rowe
- Claire Flynn
- Karen-Joy McColl
- Lara Hunter
- Mishael McNamara
- Nicole Coad
- Karen Bain and Daniel Fitzgibbon (shared membership)
- Meaghan Holden
Committee meeting minutes
Send an email to Gemma Boucher or call 9490 4377.