The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer and Plus (LGBTIQ+) advisory committee provides advice and information on issues facing the LGBTIQ+ community and developing and implementing Council’s
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact LGBTIQ+ communities;
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews that impact on LGBTIQ+ communities;
- Advocate on behalf of LGBTIQ+ communities;
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise;
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity and enhance understanding about the barriers to equality facing LGBTIQ+ communities;
- Provide advice to Council in relation to its communication, engagement and consultation with LGBTIQ+ communities.
Follow the listed steps to be considered for the committee as we're looking to fill several vacancies.
- Read the terms of reference; and
- Lodge your expressions of interest by 3 December 2018.
Representation and make up
The committee consists of up to 15 community members and a minimum of 2 councillors. Support and assistance will be provided to the committee by one of our officers.
Council will appoint one councillor as chairperson of the committee and at least one councillor as substitute chairperson.
Community members appointed to the committee will include representation from:
- Up to 10 residents from the LGBTIQ+ community and allies
- Up to 5 representatives from community organisations, agencies and service providers who have a focus on providing services to LGBTIQ+ communities in Banyule
Get in touch with the committee contact Gemma Boucher, by emailing email@example.com or call 9490 4377