The disability and inclusion advisory committee provides advice on disability and inclusion issues and implementing Council’s Inclusion, Access and Equity Framework and Disability Action Plan.
Advisory Committee Objectives
- The priority of the committee is to assist with the development and implementation of the four-year Disability Action Plan 2017-2021.
- Assist with the implementation of the 2016/17 Disability Action Plan.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact people with a disability.
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews in particular the NDIS.
- Advocate on behalf of people with a disability.
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise.
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity within the Banyule municipality and beyond.
- Provide advice to Council with its communication, engagement and consultation with people with a disability.
Representation and make up
The committee consists of up to 15 community members and at least two councillors. A Council officer provides support and assistance where needed.
One councillor chairs the committee, and at least one councillor is a substitute chair.
Community members appointed to the committee include:
- Banyule residents with disabilities (up to 10 residents);
- Parents and/or carers of Banyule residents with disabilities (up to three); and
- Disability service organisations agencies and providers which are active in Banyule (up to two).
All positions are voluntary.
Send an email to Michael Uniacke or call 9433 7733.
Please note that all the information on this page can be posted to you or sent to you as a PDF or word document.