The disability and inclusion advisory committee provides advice on disability and inclusion issues and implementing Council’s Inclusion, Access and Equity Framework and Disability Action Plan.
Advisory Committee Objectives
- Assist with the implementation of the 2016/17 Disability Action Plan.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact people with a disability.
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews in particular the NDIS.
- Advocate on behalf of people with a disability.
- Consider funding and other opportunities as they may arise.
- Assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity within the Banyule municipality and beyond.
- Provide advice to Council with its communication, engagement and consultation with people with a disability.
Follow the listed steps to be considered for the committee as we're looking to fill several vacancies.
- Read the terms of reference; and
- Lodge your expressions of interest by 3 December 2018.
Representation and make up
The committee consists of up to 15 community members and a minimum of 2 councillors. Support and assistance will be provided to the committee by one of our officers.
Council will appoint one councillor as chairperson of the committee and at least one councillor as substitute chairperson.
Community members appointed to the committee will include representation from:
- Up to 10 Banyule residents with disabilities
- Up to 3 representatives of parents and or carers of Banyule residents with disabilities
- Up to 2 representatives of disability service organisations active in Banyule
Get in touch with the committee contact Michael Uniacke, by emailing Michael.Uniacke@banyule.vic.gov.au or call 9433 7733
All the information on this page can be posted to you or sent to you as a PDF or word document.