The Banyule Arts and Culture Advisory Committee (BACAC) takes an active role in supporting the strategic direction of arts and cultural development within Banyule. It provides a formal mechanism for Council to consult with key stakeholders, seek specialist advice and enable community participation in arts and cultural planning and development.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and initiatives relating to arts, culture & heritage - including the development and implementation of the Arts & Culture Strategic Plan 2017-2021 .
- Assist in identifying and responding to key issues relating to arts, culture & heritage in Banyule.
- Advocate for arts and cultural development within the community.
- Assist Council to work strategically to encourage, foster value and promote arts, culture and heritage.
BACAC operates according to an adopted Terms of Reference and is appointed for a two year term, with meetings held bimonthly.
BACAC is an overarching strategic committee, from which various working groups may be formed. Working groups function at an operational level - contributing directly to the planning, management and delivery of the arts, culture and heritage program.
The Working Groups are at varying stages of development and may include:
- Hatch Contemporary Arts Space Working Group
- Festivals Working Groups
- Art Acquisitions Working Group
- Public Art Working Group
- Pinpoint Artist Network Working Group
The committee consists of up to 15 community members and a minimum of 2 Councillors. Support and assistance will be provided to the committee by one of our officers. A Councillor is appointed as chairperson of the committee.
Community members appointed to the committee will include representation from:
- Representatives of arts & cultural organisations within and outside of Banyule
- Practicing artists
- Creative Industries professionals or those with specialist skills and expertise relevant to Banyule's arts & cultural development.
All positions are voluntary positions.
Get involved - Expressions of Interest now open!
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from individuals and organisations for the 2019 - 2020 term.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE MONDAY 3RD DECEMBER 2018.
Follow the listed steps to be considered for the committee as we're looking to fill several vacancies.
- Read the Terms of Reference
- Lodge your expressions of interest by 3 December 2018.
Get in touch with the committee contact Hannes Berger, by emailing Hannes.Berger@banyule.vic.gov.au or calling 9457 9913.