Third Step restrictions are in place for all of Victoria:
- there are no restrictions on the reasons you can leave home
- You can travel between regional Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne. There are no limits on how far you can travel or the reasons you can travel. You do not need a permit to travel.
- The 25km limit on how far you can travel no longer applies.
- You can go on holiday in Victoria and book accommodation. You can go camping. You can book accommodation to share with the people you live with, your intimate partner, and up to two other people and their dependents.
- there are no restrictions on the time of day or frequency you can leave home
- if you can work from home you must work from home
- you must wear a fitted face mask when you leave home.
For full details of Victoria-wide Third Step restrictions look up the summary on the vic.gov.au site.
Get connected to the support you need
The Victorian Government has partnered with the Australian Red Cross to provide emotional support and help callers who may be distressed or anxious. The hotline also helps link people with social activities, support networks and service providers.
Call the Coronavirus hotline
The online resources from the Victorian Government could also help depending on your circumstances:
- Mental health resources
It's important to look after your mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Family violence crisis response and support
With people staying at home more than usual to slow spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), there may be an increased risk for women and children experiencing family violence or abuse.
- Financial support
Find out about the financial support available to people and businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
Coronavirus in Banyule
Council are supporting Banyule by maintaining financial sustainability, supporting local businesses, protecting Council staff health and wellbeing, supporting the local community, minimising Council service disruption and supporting rate payers.
A summary of all our services is listed. The availability of individual services we offer consider health advice and measures introduced by the Victorian Government to limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are continuously monitoring advice from the Department of Health and Human Services and reconsider the services we operate regularly. Individual services are subject to change as your health, and that of our staff are our top priorities.
✔️ Open or running a modified service
The latest case numbers are published by the Department of Health and Human Services and are available by local government area and also postcode.
If you feel unwell do not go to work. Get tested at a nearby testing location. Return home immediately.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation and Worker Support Payments
Information about financial support for Victorian workers who are waiting for test results or self-isolating.
Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands.
Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
Wear a face covering when you are out for one of the four reasons, unless an exception applies.
Coronavirus information about how to stay safe and well has been published by the Victorian Government with a selection of languages listed:
Short videos about face coverings by the Victorian Chief Health Officer are also available in many languages.