Banyule City Council is committed to providing a workplace that supports breastfeeding women and their child and recognises the importance of breastfeeding for mother and child. We are proud to say we have facilities at our Greensborough office for our working mothers to utilise.
We have also recently gained accreditation from the Australia Breastfeeding Association.
Flexible Working Conditions
We are committed to supporting staff with work/life balance and family responsibilities. Alternative staff working arrangements will be considered on a case by case basis and includes:
- Job share and/or part time working arrangements
- Home based working arrangements
- Phased retirement
- After hours dependent care provisions
A variety of leave entitlements
- Annual Leave – permanent full time staff are entitled to four weeks annual leave per year and part time staff receive pro-rata entitlement based on hours worked.
- Sick Leave – permanent full time employees are entitled to 12 days sick leave per year of employment (pro-rata for permanent part time staff).
- Rostered Days Off – Most full time positions have provision for a Rostered Day Off. Indoor staff are generally entitled to a 19 day month and outdoor staff to a 9 day fortnight.
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Leave purchasing options
- Leave without pay for extended periods of leave
- Study Leave and Assistance
- Defence Services and Emergency Services Leave
- Additional Personal Leave for Emergency Situations
- Access to pro-rata Long Service Leave after 7 years
- Family Violence Leave
- Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
Employees are able to salary sacrifice part of their pre-tax salary for benefits such as superannuation, child care fees where Council manages the child care centre and leisure facilities’ membership where Council manages the leisure centre.
Learning, Development & Study Assistance
We are committed to the ongoing learning and development of staff and providing assistance to employees to enable them to access learning and development opportunities that are related to their work with us.
We offer staff a number of in-house learning and development opportunities and encourage staff to undertake a range of external courses and attend seminars and conferences relevant to their work.
Study Assistance Program
Staff learning and development is a key component of Council’s objectives and strategic resource plan in the City Plan.
Study Assistance supports the development of staff to ensure the ongoing fulfilment of Best Value Plus and assisting Council to maintain certification against Quality, OH&S and Environmental standards.
Health & Wellbeing Program
Discounted Gym Membership Fees
All full time or part time employees are entitled to attractive rates of membership at the Ivanhoe Aquatic Centre and Olympic Leisure Centre.
Discounted Private Health Insurance
We offer our staff discounted corporate membership for one of Australia’s leading private health funds.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is a free and confidential personal counselling and referral service for all Council employees and their immediate family members.
Council's Infection Control Guidelines provides a range of vaccinations for staff who are at risk of exposure to disease or where a health benefit is identified.
Throughout the year, Council provides a range of activities that promote work life balance as part of a Health & Wellbeing Strategy.