The Economic Development Plan 2015-2020 (the Plan) establishes Banyule’s economic development agenda for the next five years, setting a vision and strategic objectives and is accompanied by a two-year action plan.
Development of the Plan has been based on:
- Our City Plan commitments and overall policy direction, provided by the Place and People policies;
- Reflecting on successful economic development programs and initiatives we have delivered, or delivered in partnership with others;
- Consulting with key stakeholders, including directly with businesses;
- Understanding the shape of the local economy, and its dominant and emerging trends including growth, industry focus and the labour market;
- Analysis of the key issues, including changes in the retail sector, and;
- Identification of challenges, strengths and opportunities.
Ultimately the Plan sets a framework for continuing our successful programs and initiatives in shopping centres, business support and regional economic development, while setting foundations to strengthen the future agenda, including; investment attraction for target areas, and partnerships to benefit the labour market.
There is a suite of four documents:
Economic Development Plan 2015-2020 Summary – An overview of the Plan in a quick reference format.
Economic Development Plan 2015-2020 – The full Plan.
Economic Development Plan 2015-2017 Action Plan – The specific actions that Council will take to implement the Plan.
Economic Profile 2015 – A snapshot of the Banyule economy.