Continuing a long and proud tradition of public celebrations in the Heidelberg area, the Grand Parade kicks off the Kids ArtyFarty Fest each year with a flourish of colour and movement, inviting you to 'get your spectacle on'!
Sunday 17 March 2019
10am - 11am
Burgundy Street, Heidelberg
Marching down Burgundy Street into Sills Bend, the Grand Parade provides a lively opportunity to bring Banyule's diverse groups together in a celebration of creativity, community and childhood!
Sponsored by The Heidelberg Central Traders, the day begins with food, performance and great vibes at 'Breakfast on Burgundy'. The parade itself is themed and prizes are awarded under the following categories:
- Most Creative Entry ($1,000 cash)
- Judges Choice ($500 cash)
- Best Themed Entry ($250 voucher: Heidelberg Traders)
- Most Colourful Entry ($250 voucher: Heidelberg Traders)
- Best School Entry ($250 voucher: Heidelberg Traders)
- Best Community Entry ($250 voucher: Heidelberg Traders)
The Grand Parade is a family-friendly affair and welcomes participation from community organisations, schools, sporting clubs, businesses and any group in Banyule keen to embrace the spirit of community connectedness and creative imagination.
Our parade theme in 2019 is ‘Our Identity: Celebrating Who We Are'.
You may choose to celebrate this by interpreting your school motto.. conveying a formative event in your club's story... showcasing aspects of your group or school you are most proud of.
However you interpret the theme, be creative, bold and theatrical! Or keep it simple and showcase your group's colours.
This year - aligning with our theme - we have a particular focus on the role Volunteers play in creating our community's identity. So i your organisation, club, school or business relies on the invaluable support of volunteers then we encourage you to come out and march (or ride a float) in celebration!
Road Closure Information
Please see below details for Road Closures on and around Burgundy Street on Sunday 17 March.
- Burgundy Street (between Studley Road and Rosanna Road) - Road Closed from 6:30am to 12:00pm
- Beverley Road (between Louise Street and Jika Street) - Road Closed from 9:45am to 11am
- Dora Street and Jika Street - Road Closed from 6:30am to 12:00pm
- Parts of Mount Street, Hawdon Street, Cape Street and Rosanna Road (as signed)
Proudly Supported by our Sponsors
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest arts and culture news and opportunities.
Subscribe to our e-News. Please ensure you choose 'Arts & Culture' in your preferences.