We are committed to working with targeted community, key partners & across council to create ‘best practice’ festivals and events that are welcoming for and inclusive of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
At our festivals this includes efforts around programming, facilities, activities and supports, along with increasing community awareness and education.
We have a number of initiatives developed for our festival weekend including:
- Sensory friendly chill out space
- Sensory friendly parking passes
- Sensory friendly programming
- The "Curious Kids" sensory friendly performance space
- Volunteer awareness andcapacity building
- Social stories
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Sensory friendly site mapping
- Key partner engagements.
For more information on these initiatives please contact our Metro Access Officer, Sherridan Bourne on 9457 9940.