Sports travel grants
This program provides financial assistance to individuals and teams located in Banyule participating in sporting activities. The total grant pool is $12,500.
Individuals can apply for 10% of total costs (travel, uniform and entry fees) but not to exceed $600. Teams can apply for amounts depending on the level of competition:
- state competition $250
- national competition $350
- international competition $500.
There are 4 application rounds available each financial year:
- Round 1: 1 July–30 September
- Round 2: 1 October–31 December
- Round 3: 1 January-31 March
- Round 4: Closed until further notice
Grant applications will be assessed during the first week after the grant round closes and applicants will be advised if they have been successful or not within 3 weeks of the grant round closing.
Individual applicants must be permanent residents of Banyule and/or must be affiliated with team/club residing in Banyule.
Team applicants must be affiliated with a club operating in Banyule.
Applicants must have a letter of support and confirmation from their sporting club/school or association detailing:
- team and/or individual selection
- proof of costs to be incurred, e.g. airfare, accommodation or entrance fees.
What the grant will not fund
- applicants who have received a Banyule Sports Travel Grant within the previous 2 years;
- costs already incurred (no retrospective funding); or
- membership fees, lessons, training and sporting equipment.
- read these guidelines and apply only if eligible
- complete an application form online and provide all supporting documentation.
Need help? Contact the SmartyGrants help desk directly on 9320 6888.
Applications will be assessed in the first week after the grant round closes.
Applications will be assessed by the Sport and Leisure Officer, Team Leader Sport and Leisure then approved by Coordinator Leisure and Culture.
All applicants will receive notification of the outcome in writing within 3 weeks of the respective application closing date.
Successful grant applicants will be required to sign a grant agreement, which specifies the conditions of the grant.
Within 6 months of the event/activity you must provide Council with:
- evidence that you participated in the event/activity;
- a short statement (no more than 250 words) about your experience; and
- 1 image of the activity/event (Council reserves the right to use this image for promotional purposes).
The acquittal needs to be submitted online.
If you fail to acquit your grant appropriately may result in you being asked to repay Council in full for your grant money and exclusion of the group from future grant rounds.
For more information contact us on 9490 4222.