- be incorporated or have appropriate auspice support;
- be a legally constituted not-for-profit entity, or a charity or benevolent trust, or a public company (not-for-profit);
- provide support, programs or services to people living in Banyule;
- have an ABN, or be willing to complete a statement by supplier;
- hold public liability Insurance;
- have been established for a minimum of 12 months;
- provide a current detailed profit and loss statement (preferred) or a detailed, current financial statement. Bank statements are not appropriate and should not be submitted; and
- submit 2 quotes.
What we will fund
- Equipment that can be portable or free standing
- Equipment that is plumbed, wired or fixed in some way
If you are unsure whether your proposal is classified as equipment, please contact us to discuss.
What we will not fund
- Installation costs
- Equipment that is the responsibility of another funding body or level of government
- Uniforms, prizes, trophies, scholarships, donations, sponsorship or gifts
- Applications seeking retrospective funding
- Equipment that does not remain the property of the community group or club
- Delivery fees
- Projects where the group/organisation has received full funding for the same project from another source
- Projects run solely for private or commercial purposes
Who cannot apply
Individuals cannot apply.
Schools and churches are ineligible, unless the project responds to an identified community need and provides wider community benefit.
Groups who have already received $2,500 in monthly equipment grants in the last 12 month period cannot apply.
Groups with outstanding grant acquittals. All previous Council grants, where the acquittal is due prior to the closing of the current funding round, must be acquitted to a satisfactory standard. Unacquitted or unsatisfactorily acquitted grants will deem an application ineligible.
Read our COVID-19 Community Support Equipment Grants Guidelines(PDF, 145KB)