The committee consists of:
- up to 15 community and/or organisational members
- 1 councillor
Representation on the committee will reflect the:
- diverse range of skills, interests and lived experience with a focus on balance and collective advocacy
- community demographics
- geographic diversity of Banyule.
Our staff are not considered members of the committee, but a specific officer is assigned to the committee to provide executive support and will be the key contact for all members.
Community and organisational members
Committee positions are voluntary and may be held for a 2-year term. Representation will be sought from a recruitment process specified in the terms of reference.
The committee will consist of:
- up to 12 local residents from the LGBTIQ+ community (residents that identify as an ally will also be considered)
- up to 3 representatives from community organisations, agencies and service providers that focus on local LGBTIQ+ communities.
Current community committee members will be involved in recruitment and selection of organisational appointments.