Disability and Inclusion Advisory Committee
The Banyule Disability and Inclusion Advisory Committee provides feedback to Council about the key issues and concerns of people living with a disability in our community.
The group provides advice and information on inclusion, access and equity issues facing people with a disability, and on the implementation and review of Council's plans.
Disability Plan 2017-2021
Its purpose is to:
- provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans, services and projects that impact people with disabilities;
- consider and provide advice on key government initiatives, programs and reviews that impact on people with disabilities;
- advocate on behalf of people with disabilities;
- assist Council to promote the benefits of diversity and enhance understanding about the barriers to equality facing people with disabilities;
- provide advice to Council in relation to its communication, engagement and consultation with people with disabilities; and
- monitor the implementation of the Disability Plan 2017-2021.
Terms of reference
Read the Disability and Inclusion Advisory Committee terms of reference(PDF, 48KB).
The committee consists of up to 15 community members with experience and expertise in disability, and 2 Councillors.
The committee includes representation from:
- up to 10 Banyule residents with a disability;
- up to 3 parents or carers of Banyule residents with disabilities; and
- up to 2 disability service organisations active in Banyule.
The current term is January 2020–December 2020. In late 2020 we will call for nominations for new members from the community.
For more information contact Michael Uniacke on 9490 4222 on phone or email Michael-Uniacke@banyule.vic.gov.au